Step by Step Cream Contour Tutorial
Aesthetica Step by Step Cream Contour Tutorial:
- Prep - Begin with your regular makeup routine. Use Primer, Foundation, Concealer and powder. You should always cleanse and moisturize you face prior to applying makeup to keep your skin from looking dry.
- Cheekbones - Start by choosing a contour shade that is 2 to 3 shades darker than your skin tone. Begin at the top of your ear, into the hollows of your cheeks and down towards the corner of your mouth. Allow the contour to lighten as you bring it towards your laugh line. Make sure to build up your contour gradually.
- Forehead - To downplay a larger forehead, apply a small amount of contour beginning at the temples and along your hairline.
- Jawline - Define the jawline by applying a line of contour right beneath the ear and down into the chin. This step downplays the appearance of a double chin.
- Nose (Contour) - Begin at the inside corner of the eyebrow and draw a thin line of contour down the bridge of your nose, creating 2 even, parallel lines. To downplay a wide nose, connect the lines of contour together at the tip of the nose. Using a clean foundation brush, blend the contour until the lines are diminished and appear as subtle shadows. Build your contour lines gradually. Be careful not to over apply product.
- Nose (Highlight) - Apply a thin line of highlight down the center of the nose towards the tip and fan out into the center of the forehead. Blend the highlight and contour lines for a natural, defined appearance.
- Laugh Line - Apply a small amount of highlight around the laugh line to draw light to that area.
- Cupid's Bow and Chin - Apply a small amount of highlight to the center of the chin and above your lip, on the Cupid's Bow. This step will accentuate the lips and draw light to the face.
- Blending - For a natural appearance, make sure that all contour lines are well blended into your foundation. Be careful not to over blend as you still want contrast to be apparent. Sharpen the contour by applying a bit of highlight right below the contour lines on your cheek.
- Touch-up - To balance out and complete the look, gradually warm up the look with bronzer and blush. Apply the shade "Glow" to the apple of the cheeks, tip of the nose and center of the chin. This step will brighten and draw light to the center of the face.
* This Contouring makeup technique is used to make features appear smaller while highlighting is used to accentuate your features. Each step can vary depending on a persons face shape and features. Contouring Your Nose Add Instant Lift Creating Plump Lips